Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPAA)
Your Rights. Your Information. Our Responsibilities.
As an Ascend client, you have the right to:
- Receive humane care and services, with respect and consideration
- Privacy and confidentiality of your services and medical records
- Be well informed about the services you receive
- Participate actively in decisions regarding your services
- Receive information in a timely, easily understandable way
- Provide feedback and request changes to services
- File a formal grievance with concerns you have about your services
- Be free from discrimination
- A copy of your medical records upon request
- A clear explanation of benefits for your financial responsibility
- Your quality of life
How We Communicate & Use Information
Proactive communication is critical to a successful Treatment partnership. Ascend may call, text, mail or e-mail you appointment reminders, insurance, billing and other information related to your services. A message will be left if you can’t be reached.
Ascend may use and share your information for the following purposes:
- Provide you services
- Bill your insurance company for services
- Invoice you for your financial responsibility
- Coordinate care among Ascend’s internal team
- Run Ascend’s data-driven organization
- Comply with the law
- Conduct research
Ascend will never sell your personal information.
- Ascend is required by law to maintain the privacy and security of your protected health information.
- Ascend will let you know promptly if a breach occurs that may have compromised the privacy or security of your information.
- You have the right to inspect and receive a copy of confidential information that may be used to make decisions about your services.
- You have the right to request an amendment of your medical record if there is something you think is incorrect or inaccurate.
- Ascend is a mandated reporter legally required to report any suspicion of child abuse or neglect to the relevant authorities. These laws are in place to prevent children from being abused and to end any possible abuse or neglect at the earliest possible stage.
- Ascend not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
- Ascend must follow the duties and privacy practices described in this document and give you a copy of it.
- Ascend may amend this agreement periodically; a copy will be available to you.
You may revoke this permission at any time to prohibit future use of information though that revocation may compromise our ability to provide services.